The cathedral is an overlay of three styles: the late Baroque facade, the Gothic left flank, and the Romanesque bell tower.
On the initiative of Bishop Antonio Guidi of Bagno, the present facade, completely made of Carrara marble
, was built between 1756 and 1761 to the design of the Roman Nicolò Baschiera, an engineer of the Austrian army. The commission for the work was given to Giovanni Angelo Finali
(1709-1772), an artist from Valsolda long active in Verona, who was also the author of the statues placed on the facade,
along with sculptor Giuseppe Tivani.
The central part of the facade, where the three portals open, is punctuated by four Corinthian pilasters and surmounted by a triangular pediment.
On the tympanum are statues of St. Celestine, St. Peter, St. Paul and
, while on the side bodies, again from left to right, are those of St. Speciosa, St. Luigi Gonzaga, St. John Bono and Blessed Osanna Andreasi.
Along the right flank, the 15th-century crowning spires and spires can still be seen; the Romanesque bell tower houses a concert of seven bells, of which the 6 big ones are tuned according to the scale of B♭2 major and the small one is an octave above the big bell. The largest is excellent work by the unsurpassed 18th-century master Giuseppe Ruffini. The remainder were cast by the Cavadini firm of Verona in the first half of the 19th century.