The Churches of Peace (Polish: Kościoły Pokoju, German: Friedenskirchen) in Jawor (German: Jauer) and Świdnica (German: Schweidnitz) in Silesia were named after the Peace of Westphalia of 1648 which permitted the Lutherans in the Roman Catholic parts of Silesia to build three Evangelical churches from wood, loam and straw outside the city walls, without steeples and church bells. The construction time was limited to one year. Since 2001, the two remaining churches are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Evangelical Church of Peace, a UNESCO Heritage site, was built from 1656–57.
Churches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, PolandChurches of Peace, Swidnica, Poland

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:Poland
Keywords:Churches of Peace, Dünya Mirası, Friedenskirchen, Jauer, Jawor, Kościoły Pokoju, MAAILMANPERINTÖ, Pasaules mantojuma, Pasaulio paveldo, Patrimoine Mondial, Patrimonio Mondiale, Patrimonio de la Humanidad, Património Mundial, Peace, Schweidnitz, Silesia, Unesco, Welterbe, Werelderfgoed, Westphalia, Wirt Dinji, of, världsarv, Światowe Dziedzictwo, Świdnica