This square originally called Saint Stanislas Square is part of the architectural unity commissioned by Stanislas from Emmanuel Héré, to be built on the site of the Duke's kitchen garden. A baroque fountain by the sculptor Cyfflé, which to begin with, was meant to stand in the centre of the semicircle on Carrière Square was finally installed here.
It is a symbol of the alliance in 1756 between the Austro-Hungarian Empire and France and is the origin of the name of the square
Nancy, Place d'AllianceNancy, Place d'Alliance

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:France
Keywords:France, Frankreich, Frankrijk, Lotharingen, Nancy, Patrimonio de la Humanidad, Place Stanislas, Place d'Alliance, Place de la Carriere, Unesco, World Heritage, place, stanislas, stanislaw, welterbe, werelderfgoed