The Belvedere on the Pfingstberg (German: Belvedere auf dem Pfingstberg) is a palace in the northern part of the New Garden in Potsdam, Germany, atop Pfingstberg mountain. It was commissioned by Friedrich Wilhelm IV and is only one part of an originally substantially more extensive building project. The twin-towered building was modeled on of Italian Renaissancearchitecture, and it was built between 1847 and 1863 with an interruption from 1852 to 1860. From sketches of from the king, the architects Ludwig Persius, Friedrich August Stüler and Ludwig Ferdinand Hessian drew up details plans. The garden architect Peter Joseph Lenné was responsible for the design of the grounds.The building fell into disrepair, but was repaired between 1988 and 2005 by a group of local residents. Today, the Belvedere is open for tourists.
Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin,  Belvedere PfingstbergPalaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin,  Belvedere PfingstbergPalaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin,  Belvedere PfingstbergPalaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin,  Belvedere PfingstbergPalaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin,  Belvedere PfingstbergPalaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin,  Belvedere Pfingstberg

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:Germany
Keywords:,, Belvedere, Belvedere Pfingstberg, Berlijn, Berlin, Deutschland, Duitsland, Dünya, Germany, Humanidad, MAAILMANPERINTÖ, Mirası, Palace, Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin, Pasaules mantojuma, Pasaulio paveldo, Patrimoine Mondial, Patrimonio Mondiale, Patrimonio de la Humanidad, Patrimonio de la Humanidad, Património Mundial, Potsdam, Unesco, Unesco, Weltculturerbe, Welterbe, Welterbe, Werelderfgoed, Werelderfgoed, Wirt Dinji, World Heritage, afbeelding, foto, foto's, jpg, paleis, parc, park, photo, photos, picture, pictures, världsarv, Światowe Dziedzictwo, التراث, العالمي, مواقع