Created 25-Jun-13
20 photos

The Petäjävesi Old Church (Finnish: Petäjäveden vanha kirkko) is a wooden church located in Petäjävesi, Finland. It was built between 1763 and 1765. The bell tower was built in 1821. It was inscribed in 1994 on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The church is located about 1 km to the west of the centre of Petäjävesi. The church went out of use in 1879 when the new church was built. The old church has retained its original appearance and its interior decoration exceptionally well. It is a popular church for weddings in the summer, and there is a church service on most Sundays.
Petäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old ChurchPetäjävesi Old Church

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:Finland
Keywords:Finland, Finlande, Finlandia, Finnland, Maailmanperintöluettelo, Patrimoine Mondial, Patriomonio de la Humanidad, Petäjävesi, Petäjävesi Old Church, Suomi, Unesco, Världsarven, Welterbe, Werelderfgoed, World Heritage, bell tower, church, church, kirche, kirkko, kirko, wooden church