The town hall belfry was inaugurated in 1901 by the President of the Republic Emile Loubet and Tsar Nicolas II. A mixture of red brick and stone, in Flemish Renaissance style, it was designed by Louis-Marie Cordonnier and restored by his son after the Second World War.

It is 75 metres high and punctuates the main façade of the town hall, adorned with six statues glorifying six great men of Dunkirk. Above the central gatehouse there is an equestrian statue of Louis XIV who bought the town back from the English in 1662.

The inner base of the belfry is lit by a large stained glass window representing the triumphant return of the Dunkirk privateer Jean Bart, after his victory at the battle of Texel in 1694.
Dunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de VilleDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, BelfortDunkerque, Hotel de Ville, Belfort

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:France
Keywords:Belfort, Belfries, Belfries of France, Belfry, Duinkerke, Duinkerken, Dunkerque, Dunkirk, Dünya Mirası, France, Frankrijk, MAAILMANPERINTÖ, Pas de Calais, Pasaules mantojuma, Pasaulio paveldo, Patrimoine Mondial, Patrimonio Mondiale, Patrimonio de la Humanidad, Património Mundial, Tower, Unesco, Welterbe, Werelderfgoed, Wirt Dinji, afbeelding, foto, foto's, jpg, photo, photos, picture, pictures, toren, turm, världsarv, Światowe Dziedzictwo, التراث, العالمي, مواقع