The Belfry of Cambrai is the historic belfry of the northern French city of Cambrai (Cambrai). The tower is 62.5 meters high and was built between 1447 and 1474.

It is one of the 56 belfries in Belgium and France declared World Heritage by UNESCO are.
Because a belfry was the symbol of communal autonomy, Mannasses, bishop of Cambrai, in 1095 let to destroy the first belfry. It was rebuilt in 1207 but it was the Emperor Henry VII of the Holy Roman Empire, which Cambrai and Kamerijkse belonged to, who destroyed the tower. In 1395 Cambrai received official permission to have a belfry. That was the tower of St. Martin, built in Gothic style between 1447 and 1474. The church was destroyed during the French Revolution, but the tower was spared.
Cambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai BelfortCambrai Belfort

Categories & Keywords
Category:Travel and Places
Subcategory:Europe
Subcategory Detail:France
Keywords:Belfries, Belfries of France, Berfroit, Cambrai, Dinji, Dziedzictwo, Dünya, France, Frankrijk, Humanidad, Kamerich, Kamerijk, MAAILMANPERINTÖ, Mirası, Mondial, Mondiale, Mundial, Pas-de-Calais, Pasaules, Pasaulio, Patrimoine, Patrimonio, Patrimonio, Património, Petite Place, Place des Heros, Scarpe, St Martin, Unesco, Welterbe, Werelderfgoed, Wirt, afbeelding, de, foto, foto's, jpg, la, mantojuma, paveldo, photo, photos, picture, pictures, toren, tower, town hall, världsarv, Światowe